We offer a range of three machines, with the additional option of a custom built machine which would satisfy the needs of any pouch/bag maker. The products that the machines offer are as follows:
1. Regular stand up pouches with no fitments (optional zipper attachments)
2. Quad bag (side gussets)
3. Stand up pouches with bottom gussets only
4. SuperPouch (double gusset pouch)
5. Pillow bag (flat bag – no gussets)
The red numbers indicate materials with PET to the surface (outer layer)
The blue numbers represent material constructions of any kind.
The red #5 ranges in sizes from 2L – 10L.
The blue #5 ranges in sizes from 2L – 220L. (Machines run 220L bags IN SINGLE LANE ONLY)
This machinery is the option for the customer looking to produce stand up pouches with a fitment/spigot/tap dispenser in one lane only.
Combo – 1 Lane
This machinery is the option for the customer looking to produce stand up pouches and/or pillow bags (BIB), with a fitment/spigot/tap dispenser in one lane only.
Combo – 2 Lane
This machinery is the option for the customer looking to produce stand up pouches and/or pillow bags (BIB), with a fitment/spigot/tap dispenser in two lanes. Product 2 and 4 would require an additional custom gusset unit to produce double gusseted pouches. This would be an optional extra for your machine.
Our years of experience and expertise allows us to offer the design and build of custom machinery – please inquire for your specific needs.
Why the COMBO Machine???
The COMBO machine is designed and will be built in a “modular” fashion, as to allow the opportunity to have additional units added at any time.
What does this mean?
As an example, if a pouch manufacturer received an inquiry for zipper pouches and did not have this facility on any of their existing machines, in stead of purchasing a new machine with a zipper sealing unit, it could be ordered individually and integrated in to the existing COMBO machine.
The rationale behind this decision was to provide a purchaser with a machine that can run continuous production and will never remain “static” due to fluctuations in seasonal demand, or whatever factors may influence your sales forecast. This being said, this machine allows the purchaser the opportunity to break into new markets.
Does this affect the machine’s output rate?
The COMBO machine will run SuperPouches and pillow bags at a rate that is equally competitive to any existing machine in the market place.
The products the machine is capable of running are as follows:
- Stand up pouches with a bottom gusset only
- Stand up pouches with two gussets (top and bottom)
- Stand up pouches with zippers
- Quad bags (side gussets)
- Pillow bags (bag-in-box)
- Pouches/bags with printed material
- Pouches/bags with unprinted material
- Pouches/bags with PE to the surface of the laminate
- Pouches/bags with two different laminates (clear front, metalled back)
- Pouches/bags with an inner liner
Machine Selection Guide:
|MACHINE SELECTION GUIDE||SUPER||COMBO 1||COMBO 2|
|MAKES BAGS/POUCHES FROM LAMINATE WHERE PET IS THE TOP/SURFACE OF THE CONSTRUCTION||✅||✅||✅|
|MAKES BAGS/POUCHES FROM LAMINATE WHERE PE OR EVOH IS THE TOP/SURFACE OF THE CONSTRUCTION||❌||✅||✅|
|MAKES BAGS/POUCHES FROM FROM PLAIN PE OR EVOH||❌||✅||✅|
|MAKES BAGS/POUCHES TO REGISTER FROM TWO SEPARATE REELS (CLEAR FRONT, METALIZED BACK)||❌||✅||✅|
|MAKES BAGS/POUCHES FROM IN SINGLE LAYER||✅||✅||✅|
|MAKES BAGS/POUCHES FROM IN TWO LAYERS (INNER LINER)||❌||✅||✅|
|MAKES 4 SIDE SEAL, FLAT PILLOW BAGS||✅||✅||✅|
|MAKES SINGLE AND/OR DOUBLE GUSSET POUCHES/QUAD BAGS||✅||✅||✅|
|MAKES 220L DRUM LINERS/ASEPTIC BAGS||❌||✅||✅|
|POUCH RANGE||750ml – 10L||750ml – 10L||750ml – 10L|
|PILLOW BAG RANGE||1L – 10L||1L – 220L||1L – 220L|
|CYCLE TIME FOR POUCHES UP TO 5L||22/min 1320/hour||22/min 1320/hour||44/min 2640/hour|
|CYCLE TIME FOR PILLOW BAGS UP TO 5L||30/min 1800/hour||30/min 1800/hour||60/min 3600/hour|
|CYCLE TIME FOR PILLOW BAGS 10L-20L||❌||25/min 1500/hour||50/min 3000/hour|
|CYCLE TIME FOR 220L (THIS IS ONLY BASED ON THE STANDARD SEALER BARS, WITH AN EFFECTIVE SEAL LENGTH OF 420mm)||❌||7/min 420/hour||7/min 420/hour|
|MAX. GUSSET DEPTH||100mm||100mm||100mm|
|MAX. PROFILE/SHAPED SEAL LENGTH||365mm||365mm||365mm|
|MODULAR MACHINE DESIGN FOR ADAPTABILITY||✅||✅||✅|
|OPTIONAL ZIPPER UNIT INTEGRATION||✅||✅||✅|
|NUMBER OF OPERATORS REQUIRED||1||1||1|
|NUMBER OF PACKERS REQUIRED||1||1||2|
Additional Machine Options:
|ADDITIONAL OPTIONS (NOT OFFERED AS STANDARD UNITS)||SUPER||COMBO 1||COMBO 2|
|ADDITIONAL AIR SHAFTS FOR PRELOADING||✅||✅||✅|
|STATIC INDUCTION UNIT FOR MINIMIZING AIR BETWEEN MATERIAL LAYERS||✅||✅||✅|
|STATIC ELIMINATING UNIT TO ELIMINATE EXCESS STATIC IN THE MATERIAL||✅||✅||✅|
|VACUUM EXTRACTION UNIT FOR PUNCH CUT OUTS||✅||✅||✅|
|WEB SPLICE DETECTION UNIT||✅||✅||✅|
|RUNNING PRINTED GUSSETS TO REGISTER||✅||✅||✅|
|GLAND UNIT BULK STORAGE BIN||✅||✅||✅|
|TAPPING UNIT BULK STORAGE BIN||✅||✅||✅|
|ZIPPER SEALING UNIT||✅||✅||✅|
|TRIM WINDING UNITS||✅||✅||✅|
|ADDITIONAL TAP TYPE TOOLING||✅||✅||✅|
|ADDITIONAL PROFILE/SHAPED SEAL TOOLING||✅||✅||✅|
|HANDLE PUNCH WITH INDEPENDENT CARRIAGE||✅||✅||✅|
|CORNER CROPPING UNIT WITH INDEPENDENT CARRIAGE||✅||✅||✅|
|TEAR NICK UNIT WITH INDEPENDENT CARRIAGE||✅||✅||✅|
|INK/LAZER PRINTER FOR DATE CODING||✅||✅||✅|
* Please enquire for prices of these machine additions.
- What is the power requirement and voltage of the machine?
The different electrical requirements can be found in the machine specifications sheet.
- What electronics do you use? Can I get spares in my country?
All machinery will be fitted with Omron and Festo hardware, which is easily accessible from any country.
- I would like more airshafts with my machine. How many do I get?
4 is standard, with the option to purchase additional parts.
- Can the bags be stacked in singles on the delivery table?
Yes, the stacking assist allows for singles or shingled stacking
- Does the machine price include the installation fee?
The quotation will split the costs of the machine, shipping and installation.
- What are the shipping terms?
DAP – customer facility.
- How many glands does the machine come with?
The machine comes standard with tooling for 2 gland types.
- How many taps does the machine come with?
The machine comes standard with tooling for 2 tap types.
- Can you run a 2-inch gland?
Although it is not a standard, the machine can be adapted to run a 2-inch fitment by request.
- Can your machine run a PE tube or double wound material?
This is not a standard requirement, but both COMBO 1 and COMBO 2 machines would be able to accommodate a tube.
- Can I have different delta shapes/edge of bags?
Yes, this unit is an optional addition.
- What’s the length of machine?
The machine “footprint” can be found in the machine specifications sheet.
- What’s the widest material I can load on the machine?
The maximum material widths can be found in the machine specifications sheet.
- Largest diameter of material on unwinds.
The maximum reel diameters can be found in the machine specifications sheet.
- Can I run a quad bag with polyethene gussets?
This would be a special requirement and needs to be discussed.
- Do you have a device to improve air in the bag?
Yes, we offer the option of a static induction unit.
- Does the machine have an auto tracking mechanism?
Yes, all machines have automatic web tracking facilities.
- Does the machine come with a light curtain and can we mute it?
Yes, the machine’s come with safety light curtains. The fault buzzer can be muted, within CE parameters.
- Is the machine CE rated?
Yes, all machines adhere to CE safety requirements.
- What type of zips can we run on pouches?
The zipper unit is an additional option and zipper profiles will be assessed.
- What pouch sizes can I run on the machine?
The machine comes with one set of shaped seal tooling (for 3L pouches), all additional tooling can be ordered.
- What is the delivery time of the machine?
Please see the machine specifications sheet for lead times on machine deliveries.
- Does the machine come with manuals?
Yes, all machines come with manuals and diagrams.
- Can I contact you if I have a problem? Who should I contact?
We offer technical support and guidance for all machines.
- What is the cycle time of pouch/bag in box production?
Please see the machine selection guide for cycle times on the different machines.
- Where is your machine made?
All machines will be designed and built at our facility in Cape Town.
- Does the machine come with spares/change parts?
The machine sell price includes critical spares for units that require frequent maintenance.
- Can I have the temperature and measurement in Fahrenheit and inches?
Machines can be programmed to read both metric or imperial units.
- When running printed material, should it be from a single reel or two reels?
Please see the machine specifications sheet for material unwind configurations.